Week 98 ~ One Last Email (the last email from my mission)

I didn't really wanna do anything special for this last email, except express my gratitude and love for the experience that God has given me, here in the mission. When I first arrived at the MTC, my testimony and assurance of the gospel was strong, but I hadn't tested it yet. My desire to share the gospel coming out of the MTC was strong also, but I had to wait because I was learning a new language. I know this was all according to the Lord's plan, because it taught me how to teach the doctrine simply while relying on the Spirit. For the past two years I've been in the driver's seat of miracles. I've seen so many miracles I couldn't possibly list them all here. I've grown, I've failed, I've repented and become a new man. 

I'm grateful for everything, for my mission, the people, and of course all of those that have supported me, including my family. I know that the church is true, through the Holy Ghost. I know that Joseph Smith is a prophet, and through the restoration of the gospel my family can be together forever. The greatest convert of my mission was myself. Our mission has a saying "Forever faithful and obedient". I know that I am forever faithful no matter what. If anyone reading this wants to serve a mission, Do It! It's the greatest two years, and the most meaningful two years of my life. All 12 companions I've had (All Filipino) I love so much, I still keep up with them. 

My mission took everything for me to complete, but gave me more in return. 

With gratitude and love,
Elder Spackman








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 66 ~ The volcano is erupting... and I live a couple miles away

Week 76 ~ Nakakapagod (Tiring)// Buhay sa batan

Week 64 ~ Happy New Year!!